Well, it's about 9:30 on a Saturday night and I am surrounded by fake fall leaves and flowers as I prepare to make a fairy house for Darcy. Luckily, we have a great fairy to live in it -- thanks, Auntie Ev and Liana!
Darcy and I spent the day having a birthday adventure that (mostly) went very well. She danced to a great band at the Arcata farmers' market, visited a fish store AND a toy store, went to the craft store to get fairy-house-making stuff, went out for ice cream at the most-excellent organic Arcata Scoop, and then went to a playground. Unfortunately, some other kid was having a birthday party at the playground, which made Darcy very aware that her party is NOT happening on her birthday. There were tears, quite a few of them. But then she fell asleep in the car and everything was better.
If we survive the fairy house decorating tomorrow, I'll try to take and share pictures. It should be beautiful.
3 comments:
poor sweet girl, to have someone else having a party on her birthday. did she enjoy our singing or are we too weird?
Can't wait to see that house. Hope her birthday was sweet.
No, I think she liked the singing. She was just involved in other things and didn't want to talk after the medley was over.
The house is halfway done, but unsurprisingly, she doesn't actually want to make it. Just have it.
Post a Comment