Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

So I'm starting to figure out a cooking schedule for tomorrow. We're having a grain-meat roast (I love their sausages, so I'm very excited to try the roast), stuffing, creamed spinach, salad, roasted potatoes, and cran sauce. Darcy came home from preschool today and announced that she had pumpkin pie for snack and loved it and wants one for dessert tomorrow. So now I'll be making a pumpkin pie -- my first, because I don't love it. I had planned to make a lovely cranberry/apple crisp with organic, local cranberries I bought at the Arcata Market and apples from our tree. I might still make that. It depends.

Oh, and I have a loaf of no-knead bread rising now.

What are YOU making or eating? Comments?

1 comment:

Gretel said...

My greatest contribution to volunteer thanksgiving a few days ago was Mom's cranberry orange relish made with imported fresh cranberries (thanks, Mom). But today at the Ambassador's I'm hoping for the same beet/red cabbage dish they made last year. Mmm.