This morning, the rain was still coming down. We were planning to go to church because Darcy's preschool class was singing (her preschool is connected to the church) at the 11 o'clock service, but we needed something to do after that if it was still raining. After checking online to see if the bowling alley is open on Sundays (their website said YES, except in summer), we asked Darcy if she'd like to go bowling. We got a very enthusiastic response and so came home after she sang (with gusto!), had lunch, called to invite a friend to join us bowling, and off we went.
Not open. Most definitely not open and it's sign claims not open on Sunday in general.
We headed home to see if there's a bowling alley in Brookings(there is, but they didn't answer their phone, leading me to believe that they are also closed on Sundays) , but while I was inside making phone calls, Darcy set her own Plan B in motion: she fell asleep.
So Michael stayed in the car and read his book while I turned over the compost piles and raked leaves. Then we switched places until she woke up. We ended up doing not much of anything today other than learning that one cannot bowl on the Wild Rivers Coast on Sundays. So don't try it.
2 comments:
You know what I did today? I went to Snowfest. It was WEIRD!
You two are weird. Bowling and Snowfest. Don't you know that Sundays are only good for walking on trash-covered Chinese mountains?
And, for the record, I make it a rule to never bowl on ANY day. Bowling is Satan's game.
Post a Comment