Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Closing Ceremonies


Ah, NaBloPoMo, it's been lovely. My family and friends thank you (from the bottom of their hearts?) for inspiring a month of posts after a summer of drought. I thank you for making me figure out that I don't have to get fancy with pictures -- nobody seems to care if I just resize them and post as is. (And maybe if I'm lucky, I'll win one of the prizes and then I'll thank you for that!)

For my farewell post of the month I'm leaving you with some pictures of our glorious Sunday. It was sunny. Not exactly warm, but not cold. We caught the low tide and walked over to the lighthouse and found that it was actually open! So we took the tour (and rekindled my desire to be a lighthouse keeper, which I think I might have mentioned in Sunday's post). They don't let you take pictures in the house (a pity, 'cause it's very cute and snug and cozy), but here's a taste of the Del Norte coast on a sunny winter's day:


Darcy marched herself right across the causeway and then up to the top of the island.

Darcy measuring bull kelp.

Now, as Darcy says to seagulls whenever she meets them...

Shoo! Shoo! There will be no post here tomorrow! Shoo!

2 comments:

Auntie Best said...

nice work, SIL. And I just found out today that there are prizes. I'm glad I didn't cheat. (of course, I only found out a few days ago there were RULES...)
If you are a lighthouse keeper, I will bring you a pie. (I'm imagining that the ovens in lighthouses do not keep even temperature for pies.) Maybe it will be a fairy pie?

Angela said...

A pie would take a whole lot of fairies. Are they thick on the ground in China?