Sunday, October 7, 2012

"You Should Choose An IPA"

So Michael likes beer. I don't think this will shock anyone. Certainly, anyone who listened to his Death to Classical show this week knows that he loves the beer. Our friend Connor joined him to pair beers and music. They had to taste every beer, of course, and so cabbed it home that night. (Drink responsibly!) There should be a recording of it archived at some point, so you can share in the joy.

Darcy notices everything. Nothing escapes that girl's eye. So it shouldn't have surprised me when, several months ago as I was trying to choose a beer from the co-op to bring home, Darcy's piped up, "Dad loves IPAs. You should choose an IPA." Ok, sure. Yes, he does love IPAs, but why do YOU know that?? One day last year, I opened Darcy's school folder to find this:
Really? My child is 16 years away from her first legal drink and yet she already knows what kind of beer Michael likes to drink? And she makes beer-themed art IN SCHOOL? A smart child is a double-edged sword.

2 comments:

Angela S. said...

I love Darcy! :) When I was 4 my mom had me at church and they had all the children up front and they were talking about being nice to parents and I piped up loudly and proudly, "I can be nice to my daddy by bringing him a beer." I'm sure my parents were thrilled!

Angela said...

Heh! That is definitely something I can see Darcy saying. She fairly frequently points to the beer aisle and says, "We should get something for dad."