Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oops! It Was A Busy (And Long) Day

As I was falling asleep around 1 am last night/this morning, I thought, "Aargh! I didn't bl...zzzzzz." I was tired. By 8 o'clock yesterday morning, I already had a cake in the oven, beans cooking on the stove, birthday goodie bags had their last items added, and Darcy had had breakfast. The rest of the day was about like that. I made a seascape cake (pictures to follow in today's real blog post), finished the beans, fried tofu, made a pan of enchiladas for the end-of-soccer-season party, went to the farmers market, cleaned out all glass-enclosed foods from our cupboards as grown up party favors, and washed a lot of dishes.

It was all worth it. We had a wonderful five-hour early birthday party for Darcy/good-bye party with friends. The children bounced themselves silly, there was Glee karaoke, cake, lots of food, lots of laughter, very thoughtful gifts, and so much more.

And then, I headed north to hear a friend's band playing. I had a not-so-great drink, chatted with a LOT of friends, and then drove home at midnight through thick fog. That wasn't so fun. A long, long day, but worth every minute.

2 comments:

Auntie Best said...

I want to see the cake! I want to see the cake!!! And what, pray tell, are "glass enclosed foods"? Are these the same adult-themed beverages of which my dear niece has such extensive knowledge? And, most importantly to me, will you do it again in your new home in November?

Angela said...

Hee! I will show the cake, I promise! The octopus took over my blogging mind yesterday. But the cake will show up today. Just promise not to nominate it as a cake wreck. Glass enclosed foods are not adult beverages. The movers won't move jars, so I gave away our olives, capers, ajvar, etc. We will definitely have another birthday party at the other end of the journey. We just wanted Darcy to have a chance to celebrate with her good friends here, too.