It is that time of year again. The weather forecasts now show much more rain than sunshine or even just plain old clouds and today was no exception. We woke up to rain, played out our day through showers and rain, and now it's raining hard.
I'm not sure what our plan for the rain will be this year. Our first winter here, we lived in a very small rental, so finding entertainment inside was very difficult. Last winter, our house was a constant construction zone. This year, the house is a little closer to complete, although Michael has some designs on our bathroom that will involve us not being able to use it for a long stretch of time. But other than that, we have space to be inside and less pressure to be painting, installing trim, etc. Darcy is fond of board games now and played hangman successfully for the first time in the car today, so there are more options of indoor activities this winter.
The real joy is that Darcy can read books by herself now. I'm waiting for her to be able to spend hours reading novels so *I* can spend hours reading novels. She's not quite there yet, but it will come as no surprise to regular readers of this blog that one of the first books she sat down and read by herself, cover to cover, was one of her Wright Brothers books.
2 comments:
I love that the Wright Brothers continue to fascinate. Long before I learned to read I carried around a paperback copy of The Thorn Birds-- I loved the feel of the paper and the picture on the front. Boy was I surprised when I learned how to read!
That is one odd book to have as your reading talisman, Best. But I too love that the Wright Brothers are still with us. For months, she said that she wanted a Wright Bros birthday party and we were SO excited, but that's gone away now. Fairies. Nothing but fairies.
Post a Comment