Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In Which My Husband Has A Wish

It's getting near the end of NaBloPoMo and I have no pictures because of the stolen computers, etc. My pickings are slim. Last year, I could just post random cute pictures of Darcy and pretty much get away with that. The lack of access to our photos is really interfering with my blog.


Luckily, my husband has a wish, and that is clearly material for the blog.


(Of course, really, my husband has many wishes. He wishes he could have an iPhone. And an iPad. He wishes people would buy all the CDs and books he has listed on Amazon. He wishes the wind hadn't blown down a gazillion leaves and redwood needles last night after he spent time raking on Sunday morning.)


The relevant wish is that he has a goal for the Redwood National and State Parks Facebook page. He created and maintains the page as part of his job. His goal is to get 1,000 "likes" before the end of the year and he now has 971. If you have a Facebook account and you don't yet like the Redwood National and State Parks page, would you please follow the link above and like it? And if you wanted to repost or let your friends and their friends know about his wish, that would be awesome!


If you need some heart-string-tugging to make you do this: we decided last night that we need to skip presents to each other this year because of the money we'll spend replacing the stuff we had stolen in the break-in. The total loss is not enough over our deductible to make it worth having the insurance claim on the books. By liking this page, you will help me give him a gift that is free of financial burden. How great will that feel? I'm banking on pretty darn great!

8 comments:

Cynthia J. Coleman said...

Count me as Like 975! I also added the page to my favorites for my facebook pages. Good luck with NaBloPoMo!

Angela said...

Thanks, Cynthia!

Jacqueline said...

Gladly! I'm so sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen! I am sure you know this, but you have each other and that is truly the best gift of all! Enjoy!

Angela said...

Well just since you posted this it's gone up to 984! :) Merry Christmas, Michael! :)

Angela said...

Thanks, everyone! Yay for fulfilled wishes!

Amira said...

Almost There!!! :)

Sister said...

Hmmm. Can it be true that it was 999 before I "liked" it and 1000 after? Makes it worth liking something on facebook for, I believe, the first time ever. Merry Christmas, Brother-in-law!

Angela said...

Yay! Their page is ending this day with 1,003 people liking it. My sweet husband is ending this day a happy man. Thank you all!