Monday, November 7, 2011

Welcome To Bend!



The house we rented in Bend for our vacation this summer was great and one of the best parts about it was the dress-up clothes. As noted in the previous post, my sister and I drove to Bend separately from Michael and the fashion plates in this photograph. When we arrived, they had been at the house for about half an hour and the girls had already found the dress-up clothes. When they noticed the car, they poured out of the house like this.

Now those of you who only met Darcy recently have not experienced her curls, so you should check out this post and this one, too, to see what her hair used to be like, especially in high humidity. Then you can click on the picture to see it in a larger format and see that this wig is virtually identical to her old hair. It's amazing. In this picture, Darcy's still wearing her trusty Mary Janes, but they spent a good amount of time for three days in plastic kitten heels, raising fears of broken ankles or worse.

When you start a vacation like this, it can only be wonderful and it was. So much so that we're going back for Thanksgiving! I suspect it will be a little chilly for the knickers-and-beads look, but the dress-up clothes will be well-used again, I'm sure!


(I know there are all kinds of warnings about showing semi-nude pix of your kids on the internet and I apologize to any of you who are either squeamish or hyper-vigilant about these things.)

5 comments:

Auntie Best said...

I never let John post my "knickers and beads" photos. but we're squeamish that way. I LOVE NaBloPoMo (when you're doing it. I'm feeling a little blah about my own progress, but yours is fantastic!)

Auntie Best said...

I never let John post my "knickers and beads" photos. but we're squeamish that way. I LOVE NaBloPoMo (when you're doing it. I'm feeling a little blah about my own progress, but yours is fantastic!)

Angela said...

HA, I'm sure Darcy Jo will love you for this in 10 years! And, I didn't even realize Darcy was wearing a wig. I was just thinking, there's no way her hair grew that much between when I last saw her and your vacation! So fun!

Angela said...

Poor John...not being allowed to post the knickers and beads pix! Those are the best. And, yes, I suspect neither girl will be in love with this picture as teenagers, Angela

Sister said...

Well, since mine is the somewhat-closer-to-clothed one, I guess I shouldn't be squeamish. It WAS an awesome vacation, and it was recently suggested (by the princess) that we should go to Bend again soon.