Crescent City has had a major crime spree recently, with dozens of break-ins over the past two weeks. The fingers are always pointed at our out-of-control meth addiction in the community and addicts' need for money for their next fix. Our neighbor, Michael's supervisor, lives around the corner from us and was broken into last week.
Today, I came home from work shortly before two to find the window in our door was smashed. I probably interupted the burglar, as our other door was wide open and our external hard drive, wireless router, and other things were completely unplugged and disconnected, but still on the floor.
We have no home computer as of now because they stole both laptops, and no internet anyway until the sherriff's department returns our router after finger-printing it.
This sucks, but I wasn't willing to let it stop me from blogging.
I'm using the Family Resource Center's computer to update you here. The idiots stole our phone base (but not the phone), so we have no land-line right now. Family, you'll have to use my cell phone for the time being. We will only be able to check email at work for now as well.
5 comments:
That just sucky suck sucks. I'm so glad none of you were hurt.
That blows! So sorry, Glore family!
WOW-- I just read out loud to John from Michael's feel good facebook post, and then had to read aloud from your feel-bad blog post! I'm with Gretel-- losing the computers is super sucktastic, but i have to say I'm glad you did not come face to face with anyone who had bad intentions...
What bad news. You were lucky to interupt them. Will insurance cover things other than the inconvenience?
We're waiting on the insurance question and Charter has given us a loaner router while the sherriffs have ours. Not sure it will work after they fume it, so it might not be so "loaner" after all.
Post a Comment