Saturday, November 23, 2013

It Was An Almost Perfect Day...

Sometime in the middle of the afternoon yesterday, I started thinking about what a great blog post I was going to have for last night. It was a gorgeous day, I had a very productive three hours of work in the morning, attended a lovely Thanksgiving potluck at Darcy's school, had a little free time while Darcy enjoyed herself at a birthday party, and then Darcy and I spent some time on the beach.

We wandered the sands and wondered about the odd arrangement of LOTS of seaweed, just in two small sections of the beach. And we watched an amazing sunset over Castle Rock.

It was all going so well. 

And then an hour after Darcy went to bed, we heard noises upstairs where there should be no noises. It was not a pretty sight. Poor girl was covered in vomit and we had a miserable three or four hours before her body was done getting rid of whatever had tried to invade.

That's my excuse for not blogging last night. 

And I'm blogging early-ish today because puking for half the night wears a child out and she fell asleep on the couch just before 5. I carried her up to bed without an eyelash moving and I will keep my fingers crossed that she can sleep straight through until morning.

No comments: