I've been reading a lot recently, both fiction and non-fiction. Finally got around to reading Salt, Sugar, Fat and was suitably horrified by what I learned. (Did you know that a half cut of Prego Traditional tomato sauce has as much sugar as three Oreos??) I'm in the middle of Michael Pollan's Cooked right now and enjoying it. I had been hesitating for some silly reason, but then saw it at the library.
But tonight, as soon as I finish writing this, I will open up a book I am very excited to start:
I love, love, love good speculative fiction, including some very dark dystopias. Margaret Atwood's trilogy, ending with MaddAddam, is definitely on the list of very dark dystopias. In anticipation of reading this final book, I reread the first two over the past couple weeks and found them just as good the second time around. (Might have been the third time around for Year of the Flood. Not sure about that.)
So now I'll bid you good-night so I can start reading! I just hope I can stop...

3 comments:
Yes, Margaret Atwood is great. I really loved The Handmaiden's Tale, and I'll be looking for the trilogy.
Dave
The trilogy is dark, but wonderful. I'm right now blanking on whether I mentioned the first two in the post, but the first one is Oryx and Crake and they are definitely worth reading in order. I didn't realize it was a series and started with the second, The Year of the Flood.
Woo Hoo! I love a book recommendation and I LOVE a trilogy! I'm on the cusp of finishing THE GOOD EARTH trilogy (seemed fitting) but maybe I'll get this one queued up. Hoorah for November!
Post a Comment