Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh! The Light! The Light!

The light from the end of the "I only eat bagels" tunnel is so bright, I'm blinded!

We've been seeing signs of the bagel fetish starting to end, but the last two days have been incredible. Last night, she ate green beans with garlic and red pepper flakes, and mushroom ravioli. She even chose to dip some of her beans in the mushroom sauce that Michael and I ate with the ravs.

Tonight, Michael made falafel. And I made tahina sauce for it. Darcy tried both for the first time, with no fusses at all. She politely refused the tahina at first, but then took a giant serving spoon and dug right in. Smeared it in her pita by herself. Put a puddle on her plate. Licked the spoon.

After finishing an entire pita, she decided to drop her falafel into her milk. Then she added her cucumbers. And some tahina. She created cucufalafelmilkini. AND DRANK SOME OF IT.

Who knew the darkness could end so abruptly??

3 comments:

Auntie Best said...

holy shlemoly! Now I'm hungry (though I think I'll skip the cucafalafel milk)...

Absent Uncle John said...

She ate only bagels? You should have asked my Dad for help. He had an awesome technique for getting kids to eat properly. Ask Michael about it. It involved a good deal of pain...

Angela said...

Wow! Why didn't I think of asking your dad for child-rearing advice???

"Only" bagels might be pushing it, but it was the one thing she would eat for sure.

Today, she ASKED for raisins after completely spurning them for two months.