As some of you know, I was in LA last week for training. In the Volunteer Development class, our table group had to create a poster representing our collective volunteer experience, including how many generations of our family had done volunteer work of some kind, and at what age we first volunteered. If Darcy is ever in that same position, she'll have some good tales to tell. While I was at the college yesterday morning, Darcy and Michael helped restore the Mill Creek drainage by planting redwood seedlings. Darcy was very proud:
Right now, thanks to her trip on the pirate ship (ok, just a wooden sailing vessel, really), she's in bed singing the "heave away, haul away" lines from Bound for South Australia. Pirates didn't grab her fancy in the same way as the Wright Brothers, who have been making a small comeback recently. It's sad, but one of the best entertainments we have is listening to the things that come out of her mouth as she's supposed to be falling asleep. Tonight, she's in rare form with the sea shanties.


5 comments:
I have to agree with all the ladies of Michael's FB fanclub, that's a hot shot: the lumberjack pants, the happy kid, the dirt. Makes you put up with the lame jokes and the baseball obsession. You guys are so cool! Mama too.
Is THAT why I put up with the baseball obsession? Sometimes, I forget!
(Just kidding, sweetie!)
that's pretty funny about the sea shanties. that's a pretty funny kid you got there.
Love good works. Love sea shanties. Love Darcy. Love you too!
She might be pretty funny, it's true.
Post a Comment