Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our House! Part Five

In which the yard just keeps on going! Seriously, the first time I drove past it, I couldn't believe that this part went with the house, but couldn't see how it could belong to any other house, either. It has more fruit trees and the berries, and a woodshed that is full of wood. We didn't specify that the wood stays, but I hope it will because we do have a woodstove in the living room. There are the remnants of raised beds, but they'll take some rehab to be usable.

This picture was taken standing underneath the trellis looking straight ahead.

And this one from underneath looking to the left, toward a small, dead-end road that runs along the side of the property.

This is from close to the back property line (we'll find out how close when we have the house inspection). You can see most of the lower garden and the fence separating it from the middle garden (and beyond). There's a chance we'll have to trim back or possibly even cut a tree or two to make sure we have the necessary fire breaks around the house. We definitely hope to avoid that.

To take care of all this space, we asked that the fairly new riding mower parked in one of the lean-tos off the garage stay with the house. They've agreed. Michael's excited!

2 comments:

SJH said...

Oh yes!!! I've always wanted to ride one of those!

Angela said...

Come visit, and we'll let you take it out for a spin!