Friday, August 21, 2009

And The Next Park We'll Be Around Is...

... Redwood National Park! Yesterday morning, Michael accepted a job at Redwood as a park ranger/visual media specialist. It was a hard decision because there was another job possibility we were weighing and both options are truly wonderful places.

We'll move to Crescent City, CA, sometime in October; the parks haven't negotiated Michael's start date yet. We are excited by all the new opportunities living in a town will bring. There's a multi-screen theater! There are TIDE POOLS! (When I was Darcy's age, we lived just a block or two from the beach in Wollongong, Australia, and there were tide pools we loved to play in and near, so I'm thrilled that I'll be able to share that amazing experience with Darcy.) There are playgrounds! There are supermarkets! Neighbors! A post office! Harbor seals piled up on the piers! And, of course, really, really tall trees.

With any luck at all, we'll be living in a rental duplex that is already home to some park service employees and has its own indoor pool and playground equipment. It's on the opposite side of town as Michael's office, but it's not a huge town. It won't mean a super-long commute. Michael's office is in an old house overlooking the ocean. One of his soon-to-be coworkers said that she can sometimes watch Roosevelt elk and whales from her office window!

2 comments:

J said...

Congratulations! We will miss you all being so close but it's not too far away. What a great place to visit! I want to see that office!

Angela said...

Definitely come visit...door's open for the three of you, including the new (so I hear) proud walker!