My favorite botanical part of spring -- by far -- is the bright shiny appearance of daffodils. I love daffies of all sizes and color combinations (although I don't really love doubles; a terrible thing to do to a daffodil). So we recently made a trip south to Longwood Gardens to admire the daffies at their peak. I meant to take the camera, but forgot it and was at the mercy of Michael and the iPhone for photos. I think he took less than 20. So sad. But here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure:
Darcy and the forsythia.
The toothless garden princess. Wish it was a better view of her missing upper teeth!
In a field of small blue flowers.
In the amazing conservatory, where there is an expanded, awesome kids area since I last visited these gardens.And finally, the bathrooms. Yes, this beautiful hall of living walls is the new(er) bathroom wing of the conservatory. Each of these doorways leads to a spherical, bright red private bathroom. They're awesome. You can see the interior here. (There are also YouTube videos of the bathrooms, but that seems excessive.)
We had a great day. If you live within striking distance of Kennett Square, PA, where the garden is located, you should treat yourself and go visit sometime. It was a great way to welcome and enjoy spring in the northeast.
4 comments:
Lupine crush daffodils! Seriously, DJ in the midst of Spring is adorable.
Lupines are pretty awesome, it's true. This is the first place we've lived since the blog started that doesn't have native lupines. Very sad.
I just saw some giant forsythia the other day and thought AHHH SPRING! Glad you're enjoying seasons, and spherical bathrooms may be on my next "visit to PA" list
Oh Best, if you come to PA, we'll take you to spherical bathrooms AND Vegan Treats, just to show you how much we love you.
Post a Comment