Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I May Just Be A Careless Mother

There's a photo I've wanted to share of Darcy and Paige-the-kitten for a while. It is absolutely adorable -- a picture I will love forever. The problem is, the photo was taken just after Darcy got out of the bath and she hadn't yet stood still long enough to get clothes on her. Any clothes. So it seemed like a bad thing to put on the internet.

But it keeps taunting me in the photo stream. So I've cropped it and decided to share:
Paige, as you may be able to tell, will tolerate almost any action of Darcy's. She routinely gets flattened to the ground when Darcy gets home; gets carried around like a sausage, held tight at the middle; and manages to avoid biting and scratching through it all. Maybe the extra toes (seen so clearly in this picture) give her extra tolerance. Or maybe she just knows that Darcy is the One Who Must Be Best Loved.

Paige has had a hard day today. She got scolded by a squirrel for five or ten minutes while she was sunning herself on the deck. Then her terrible mother brushed and cleaned her. And then her even more terrible mother managed to (almost completely accidentally) pour water on her while watering plants.

Luckily, Paige has Sluggy to soothe her. Her favorite toy, for several days running now, is a plastic banana slug. She carries it around, tosses it in the air by its tentacles, and bats it all over the house. I'd say she's probably played with it for a cumulative two hours already today and there will no doubt be more. She's a cat obsessed. Do you think that she would hunt down real slugs if she lived in Crescent City? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your reservations, but that really is a great picture.

Angela said...

Thanks!