
We see a lot of critters around Cima House, ranging from tiny red ants to coyotes to (finally!) deer. I take pictures of some of them. Not the ants, so much, but I thought I'd share a few pictures that were lying around. Our resident herd of cows was showing off their not-so-brightness in this first picture. They are standing around a spot that had been a small water hole. They were frequent visitors to the water, which is smart. However, this picture was taken two days after maintenance fixed the leaking pipe that had created the water hole and there was no more water. The cows were there for fifteen or twenty minutes anyway. Not so smart.

Here are some quail and a cottontail rabbit enjoying the damp (and therefore somewhat cool) earth left by the outlet from our swamp cooler. We've had up to three cottontails, a jackrabbit, and two families of quail there at a time, jockeying for position.

This spider was on our bedroom ceiling as we were getting ready for bed one night. I took it's picture while Michael retrieved the spider-removal-kit. It lives, I assume, somewhere on the outside of Cima House now. A much better place for it. For scale, the strip going along the left hand side of the picture is the frame supporting the ceiling tiles. It was big. Very, very big.

This is not really a creature or at Cima House, but it's cute. We tried to meet up with some folks a couple weeks ago so Michael could go climbing. We didn't manage to find them, as there were some wires crossed about just where we were all supposed to meet, but we drove down a lot of dirt roads trying. I spotted this sweet bird's nest lodged in a cholla alongside the road and made Michael stop so I could take a picture. The construction was pretty impressive.
1 comment:
What's the name of that spider!?
Post a Comment