Up until yesterday, I'd been feeling slighted by the rain in these parts. I'd watch the storms come through the valley or we'd hear that Cima Dome was getting pummeled, but it would never come here, to Cima House. Then yesterday, we got home from Las Vegas having traveled over roads with sand and gravel washed over them in many places. I had high hopes. They weren't in vain. Our dirt road into Cima House had clearly been a river while we'd been gone.
I was mostly satisfied, but I wanted to see our road when it was a river, not after the water was gone. I'm greedy like that.

So when we started hearing loud thunder and I saw this lovely storm sweeping through the valley, I started hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'd get to see the river.

And so we did! Here's the stream heading down our driveway and out the gate. I went out in boots, under an umbrella to get these shots. My clothes are still very damp.

Our road, looking north from our property. Our driveway enters at the exposed apron.

And our road, looking south from our gate.
I took quite a bit of video, which I'll try to splice together into something presentable and get up in the next few days. I just have to remember how to do it; I haven't made a multi-video film since the one of the belugas in King Salmon.
No comments:
Post a Comment