I know, I know! You've all been breathlessly awaiting the next installment of our ongoing potty adventures. I don't want to disappoint, so here are the latest developments.
Yesterday, we went to Las Vegas, ran errands, went to a not-quite-as-planned play date/Meetup, and drove back to Cima, all while wearing panties and using various public facilities like one very big girl. Or, like Adam, if you are in the mind of Darcy. This time, when I suggested a diaper for the drive home, she refused, and we stopped in Primm for potty time and the purchase of much-desired milk.
And then today, even more potty news! I know that y'all can't believe your luck that I could have two potty stories for you in one day, but I do. So far, in her potty use, Darcy has been largely passive. She wants to wear panties -- again, like Adam -- and she's been willing to put up with having to use the potty in exchange. In fairness, she's really good at peeing on command, so clearly she's all ready for this; she just doesn't usually tell us that she needs to go -- we ask or insist, depending on her mood. But today, she was wearing a pull-up in the morning because our laundering of panties hasn't completely kept up with the need for panties. So although I had asked her if she needed the potty a couple times, I wasn't pushing.
And then the clouds parted (it flurried this morning -- there really were clouds), the sun shone on our girl, and she announced that she needed to use the potty! She proceeded to pee like a (very small) race horse, so the signalling system worked as designed. All very good.
In other news ... um, we live in Cima, so there's no other news. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment