Now, officially, Darcy has had a few haircuts. Duane did the very, very first honors, when she had only sparse frizzy fuzz that needed taming in order to make her look like she had SOME hair. Granny Mimi gave her a cut during a badly received "spa time" in which I had hoped to trim hair and nails, of both finger and toe variety. I've since trimmed up her hair a couple times in the bath, which is the only time she's absorbed enough to allow it.
But Darcy is going to be a flower girl next month and her curls were getting way, way out of control, so we hit Lollicut, a specialty kids' salon. She looked at pictures online and agreed that she would be willing to get her hair cut if she got to sit in "a truck!"
Darcy wasn't super-fond of the hair spritzing step. She eventually put her hands completely under the cape. It was a choice between being able to drive or having dry hands. She chose dry hands. It ended up being all good because when I told her she had to hold her head very still so Heather could comb it, she held up one caped hand and put it on the side of her head very seriously so her head would stop moving around. It would still have been a cute move without the cape, but the cape definitely added a little flair.
Here is the finished cut. Plenty of curls, tighter than ever with the extra weight trimmed off. Heather is attempting to put in a tiny rubber band so Darcy can have a ribbon in her hair.
Here's the ribbon getting it's finishing touches. She kept it in until bed time, which surprised me a little. All in all, it was a very successful experience and well worth the money to have even cuts all around and a minimum of fussing.Bonus quiz: Can you spot the octagon in one of these pictures? In the middle of the cut, Darcy suddenly said, "I see an octagon." Everything stopped for a few seconds while we all thought, "Did she just say she sees an octagon?" But, yes, that's what she said and after a moment, she told us what was octagon-shaped. I'm not telling you the answer -- if a two-and-a-half-year-old can find it, so can you.
1 comment:
I found it! Because Darcy and I are truly soul mates I found the octagon right away! (and I think she's the fairest of them all)
Post a Comment