I thought my sister loved me, but then she threw down a gauntlet (perhaps not purposefully) about National Blog Posting Month, which is celebrated every November. It has often been celebrated on this blog and will be for the rest of the month.
Yesterday was election day and I was actually on the ballot! It was pretty fun to vote for myself and the campaign I ran with my friend Angela (who won!!) created a community conversation about the library that will be good in the long run. Also good in the long run? The incumbent lost! The library needed him to move on and the voters made it happen.
Unfortunately, Del Norte County wasn't ready for TWO Angelas on the library board and I came in third, by fewer than 100 votes. With only two available seats, it means I won't be adding the library board to my to do list. Our larger goal of bringing change to the library board was achieved, though, and that's the most important outcome.
Thanks for all the support and watch for improvements in our library coming soon!

5 comments:
Yayyyy!!! Blog posts. Sorry to hear you weren't elected, but I love your enthusiasm.
Looking forward to your posts.
Kathy
Such enthusiasm makes it all worth while. Or something like that!
Definitely no gauntlet-throwing intended. Even if gauntlets sound like they'd be safer to throw than stones (unless it's the medieval armored kind--but who keeps those around these days?), I am clearly in no position to be throwing anything. If you were to decide today that you don't have time for NaBloPoMo I would not be disappointed (in you, that is--I would definitely be disappointed to not have new posts to read and photos to see).
We didn't manage to catch your girl before my girl had to go to bed. I hope she had a great birthday!
I believe my girl got to hear the message! The time difference really gets in the way when early bedtimes are factored in, too.
Post a Comment