Monday, May 14, 2012

First Day of Freedom

So my last day of work at Community Assistance Network was Friday. I worked 11 hours trying to cross off my transition to-do list. I almost, but not quite made it.


Today is my first work day that I don't have to go to work! It's exciting, but there's also SO many things I want to accomplish while I'm unemployed and Darcy is still in school. It's hard to know where to start. I made a list. We'll see how far I get. One of my plans is to blog regularly. I don't think I'll be writing long posts, but I will get some photos up every couple days. For those of you who read this blog, but don't follow Facebook, I owe you an apology. I didn't share this wonderful photo:


This is Michael during the "brush-up" rehearsal in between the first and second weekends of performances. The cast typically add a little humor to the evening and this was Michael's contribution. It might not be obvious, but there are some dollar bills tucked into the neck of his shirt. 


Last week, Michael took Darcy out to see a dead grey whale that had washed up on a beach a little north of Crescent City. It was almost a mile hike on the beach, but Darcy is currently obsessed with all things ocean, so it seemed like a good chance for her to see a whale up close.
It is maybe a little morbid, for a five year old, but she wanted to go. She got to see baleen up close and get a sense of just how big a whale really is (although this is apparently a sub-adult, so not full sized). She took the pictures of her and the whale to school the next day for show and tell. That's our small scientist!

No comments: