On the last weekday of spring break, Darcy and I drove past the beach. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people there. Darcy asked, "Why are so many people at the beach today?" I guessed out loud that it was because it was so nice and the last weekday of spring break. She said, "Last day of spring break?!! You mean, on Monday I have to go to school?" Yes, I said. "But I thought spring break lasted ALL spring!"
A minute of silence. Then, "Does summer break only last for a week, too??" Only when you're an adult, my small child.
Here are some highlights of Darcy's spring so far:
We visited Grandmother and Aunt Jo (Darcy's great-grandmother and great-auntie) at their new digs and Darcy explored the trees in their backyard.
Darcy and Hank shared a blue bath on April Fool's Day. They had a great time and probably got at least a little clean, too. Our spring break trip to Simi Valley gave Darcy and Hank a whole lot of cousin-time. They had a sleep-over, a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific, and a bunch of play dates. And, obviously, a bath.
Easter brought a good egg hunt for Darcy. She had already followed her rhyming clues to the basket that E. Bunny brought. This egg hunt involved sock-filled eggs and a leap-frog game in an egg. Very, very fancy. Just like Darcy in her new halter-top dress!
Darcy has also started t-ball! She's on the Storm -- named for a minor league team somewhere in San Bernadino County, maybe? Somewhere in that direction, anyway. You can just barely see that Darcy's hair is now long enough for pig-tails. More or less, anyway, and she wants them for every game. There have just been two so far (the one we were going to when this picture was taken was cancelled), but we'll have games every Friday and Saturday from now until June! All very weather-dependent, of course.
2 comments:
Please tell Darcy that my hair is also long enough for pigtails and I ALSO want them every day, not just game days. I also like them in pig tail braids, but I have to wait for my hair to get extra long for that.
Auntie Best, I will be sure to pass on the message!
Post a Comment