No, I'm talking about the slimy beasts that are among my least-favorite of all the animals. I'm trying to learn to like them, but I can only muster a sort of horrified fascination. Here they are, in all their glory.

Ah, banana slug courtship rituals. So beautiful. I just wish they weren't on my house.

This is a very big banana slug. Even for banana slugs around here, it's pretty big. Just so you know that I'm not being hysterical about this, I took some pictures for scale, too.

See? It looks big next to Darcy! Who loved it, of course, and tickled it with her tickle-grass. It retracted its antennae, much to her delight.

It's even big next to Michael's head! Isn't it nice how we include the very big slug in family games? We're very hospitable to them. I don't love them, but since "we're completely surrounded by slugs", as Darcy trilled happily this morning during her pre-departure slug survey, I'm trying to get used to their company.
3 comments:
OH MY! Slugs are so gross. LOL.
What kind of "family game" involves laying Michael's head next to a giant slug? We may rethink our visit...
Michael just wanted to have his picture taken with the very big slug and then Darcy started tickling his ears with the tickle grass. I promise, the slug was just there as an observer.
Post a Comment