Thursday, March 11, 2010

Famous Glores

Ah, the World Championship Crab Races! Crescent City had a crab festival a couple weeks ago that was fun, but a little underwhelming. Considering the crab bounty that comes across the docks here, it should be a much bigger event. But Darcy had fun, Michael ate a lot of crab for not much money, and we all got to watch near-stationary crabs be judged as racers.

And, as you can see, we made the front page of the newspaper! A slightly different picture of Darcy at the crab race was in the paper a few days later. And then I was in the paper with the other new VISTA in town last week, too. We are just all over the paper these days and soon, Michael or I will also be recording a radio ad, too.

This is what happens when you become a VISTA -- everyone in town starts to get to know you! It's all good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such fun! Although I understand the underwhelming part! My husband and I were excited to attend the Chinese New Year's parade in London a few years ago. I mean everyone goes! Hmmm, for less than 10 minutes of a parade? Yikes! The better event was in Chinatown where the dragons entered and "blessed" each store and restaurant. The big thrill of our day (and Michael's it sounds like) was the eating of great food!

-Melody (Gretel's sister)

Angela said...

Hi Gretel's sister! I knew I'd seen your tag somewhere before. I want a dragon to come bless my house!

SJH said...

This is so cool! I saw this on Michael's FB page. You guys are famous.