Monday, March 30, 2009

Get Used To It

Yeah, I'm a proud parent. I'm not ashamed. Get used to victory posts about the potty!

So Darcy wanted to wear panties -- "like Adam" -- to go to Kelso this morning and I let her. I carefully packed an extra pair of panties and pants plus a plastic bag to bring wet clothes home in. And I just as carefully left it on top of the freezer in the entry when we left. I discovered this when we got out of the car. Great. That made me a little nervous.

We went in and said hi to everyone downstairs and then went upstairs to find Michael. While we were up there visiting with Christine and Julia, Darcy started pulling at her pants, so I took her to the staff bathroom and she peed on a big-person's potty. We ate a bagel and drank juice at the fully-operational lunch counter and then went back upstairs to see the trains and read her favorite book in the reading room. Once again, she started pulling at her pants and successfully used the potty again.

The end of this story is a happy one. Despite having a neglectful and forgetful mama, Darcy went on a long-ish outing that even included drinks and came home dry!

In other news, the Adam fascination has not diminished in the least. It is definitely part of the motivation behind wearing panties. Poor Adam -- according to Darcy he doesn't wear boxer shorts like daddy, he wears panties like Darcy. At least her training panties are more like boy shorts than women's bikinis!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I was getting used to it and now it's been a few days without a post - what gives?
I'm excited for all of you that Darcy is moving to undies - SO much better than diapers in so many ways. Congratulations!